Custom Search

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

2 ATCs & 1 Postcard: Space Play

These 3 pieces revisit a theme I play with off and on, Space that alternates from foreground to background in ways that can exist in 2-dimensional space easier than it can exist in 3-dimensional space.

All 3 pieces are Ink and Watercolor on
140# (300gsm) Cold Press Bright White
Arches Watercolor paper


ATC Title: A Gift Of Space
2.5 x 3.5 inches (6.35 x 8.9 cm)



ATC Title: Revisiting Space
2.5 x 3.5 Inches (6.35 x 8.9 cm)



Postcard Title: Places of Space
4 x 6 Inches (10.2 x 15.25 cm)

2 comments:

  1. I think you and Escher are like *this* ;)

    Here again, yes! Space buckles and folds, planes dissolve and reconstitute. I love it. And I like that you've done it with the opacity and translucency, too.

    It's so plummy.

    And those wriggly tadpoles that live in most of your watercolors are great also.

    I had visited earlier, and kept your page open so I could come back and look some more, after I did a bit of cleaning around here. Then I saw you'd been over to my blog - hi there!

    Amazing that you are doing this stuff while you're feeling so flu-influenced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aloha V.K.

    Escher is fascinating, yes. we do both play with enigmatic space, i have to give him a lot of credit, he certainly explored and experimented in the area in awesome ways.

    i like pushing watercolor in both directions. even tho opacity is not traditionally thought to be such a great quality of watercolor i think when it is used as one end of the range with transparency it enhances the delicate nature of the other end and both become beautiful.

    those wriggly bits (i like thinking of them that way too) you are calling tadpoles have to do with an element of my spirit. i like placing that bit of spirit into my work - it's not always there in that form but in some form my spirit usually is.. hmmmm... may be they are like tadpoles too...

    path and pace - i'm all over the place... fortunately i've begun to realize that is just how i am and i'm beginning to find it's better to let me be me as i am, because i'm more likely to feel good that way... and that leads me to being excited to play. cool. yes.

    ReplyDelete