Custom Search

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Two 88 Sins Shrine ATCs



Ink and Watercolor on
140# (300gsm) Cold Press
Bright White Arches Watercolor Paper

These ATCs are a result of a recent visit to Kauai (a neighboring island) where I sketched the form of a shrine similar to these that fascinated me. That shrine was created by monks who had created a walking path of 88 shrines.

While on Kauai for a week I worked on 22-25 ATCs, 25-30 pages in a sketchbook and took 400+ photographs all of which will probably show up in some way or influence my work for some time. For the time being I will probably keep the ATCs I did on Kauai because they are so connected to the trip. Recently I have begun to create ATCs and other work for Mail Art projects using the work I did while on Kauai as inspiration. These I will use in Mail Art swaps and other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment